WHY A MEN-ONLY PROGRAMME?
• To reverse the trend where churches are losing men.
• To help us build relationships with men who have no real Christian faith.
• To provide events to help us get to know our neighbours, friends, and colleagues better.
• To provide opportunities which encourage us all to share our faith.
WHAT’S ON THE PROGRAMME? – this varies from term to term but can include:
• Curry nights exclusive to Emmanuel Men at the local award-winning Shahin restaurant to which we invite a guest speaker. A very popular event.
• ‘Pints of View’ – no specific Christian content but a forum to air your views during an informal discussion on a topical subject in a local pub.
• Comedy Night – at the Stoke Pub – hosted by local comedian, Paul Kerensa.
• Man Up – Hear someone’s life story, share your own experience, and go a little deeper – a safe place to talk and pray – or just listen to others.
• Men’s Breakfasts – An opportunity to enjoy a ‘Full English’, and to hear and provide feedback on the events we run. Occasionally a guest speaker.
• Ad hoc events – eg Top Golf, Ale Train, Walks, etc.
Several of the events include food (and occasionally beer!), with great opportunities to get to know each other better, and meet new people.
We would love to see you, but if
this isn’t for you, please pray for us.